Ms. Dianne Parker is Coleman Middle School’s school counselor.
The mission of the GCPS school counselors is to assist in removing barriers to students’ academic achievements and to promote a safe and secure environment by providing developmentally appropriate counseling services based on best practices.
Mrs. Parker provides guidance through individual counseling/planning, small group counseling, large and small group guidance, classroom guidance, and parent and teacher consultation. Additionally, she coordinates school-wide program designed to enhance student success and encourage family involvement in the learning process.
When should I contact the counselor?
- When your student or child is having difficulty achieving academically.
- When family changes interfere with academic progress.
- When you want to become more involved in your child’s educational and career choices.
- When you need help to interpret tests and school records and track progress.
- When you want to discover available resources and agencies for your student or your family.