About Coleman Middle School
Coleman Middle School STEAM Visits and Tours 2019 -2020
EDUCATORS ONLY: Schedule a Tour For Educators Link
Notices for Parents, Faculty, and Students
In The News
Coleman Middle School will become a student-focused community which promotes life-long learning and real-world problem solving through the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math in a global learning community.
The mission of Coleman Middle School is to provide students with rigorous and innovative learning opportunities using Project / Problem Based Learning (PBL) which promote collaboration, critical thinking, community, and creativity.
- We believe all students can be successful through the implementation of our instructional framework.
- We believe, with support from faculty, parents, and our community, students will be empowered to take risks.
- We believe in using interests, strengths, and talents to encourage and support learning through the 5 E approach—engage, explore, explain, extend, evaluate.
- We believe cultivating a positive learning environment in every classroom is critical.
- We believe in building life-long learners—including students, parents, teachers, and the community – through the STEAM experience.
- We believe all teachers and students are innovators.
Coleman Middle School (open Fall 2016) is the first Gwinnett County school to add an arts focus to the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) based curriculum. The school is named after Georgia State Representative Brooks Coleman. Dr Coleman has served as a state legislator for more than 20 years, and at the time of the schools opening is the chairman of the State House Education Committee. He has also served in local school and district leadership roles for Gwinnett County Public Schools.